Rajanna Trust has completed various community projects influencing the local people and benefiting them at large. Various programs and projects have been undertaken and completed by the Rajanna Trust since its inception in 1999.
The key goal here is 'Empowering the society. 'The Rajanna Trust has initiated & invested in various programs to uplift the living conditions of the people.
The Education initiative of the Rajanna Trust is run through the Amara Raja Educational Society (ARES). ARES has three Schools which are located at Karakambadi, Petamitta and Diguvamagham and a Junior college at Petamitta in Chittoor district. The educational institutions are equipped with best of the infrastructure when compared to any other schools in a rural setting. ARES also ensures a high teacher-student ratio for better attention and focus.
The trust supports ARES with Capital Infrastructure and also its operational costs. The aim here is to provide affordable quality education in rural areas. ARES also provides separate hostel facilities for girls and boys at Petamitta village.
- 3 Schools & 1 Junior College (Preschool till Grade XII).
- 3574 students.
- Affordable Quality Education.
- Amara Raja Vidyalayam, Karakambadi is affiliated to CBSE and runs classes from Preschool - X Class.
- Mangal Vidyalayam, Petamitta is affiliated to CBSE from Preschool – XII. This is the first CBSE Senior Secondary School in the region that is being operated in this rural set-up.
- Amara Raja Vidyalayam, Diguvamagham is affiliated to State Board and has completed two Academic years and runs classes from Preschool – VII.
- All our Schools have Quality Infrastructure, Equipped Laboratories, Library and Play Grounds etc.
- Secured state level ranks in Entrance Examination and our students joined in Engineering and Chartered Accountancy courses.
Rajanna Trust also supports the continuous enhancement of infrastructure of various Government schools and colleges in Chittoor district from time to time. (Karakambadi, Pakala, Chandragiri, Erracheruvupalli, Piler, Damalcheruvu & Aragonda etc).
- Rajanna Trust has established a world-class centre 'Amara Raja Skill Development Centre' (ARSDC) which is of International Standards in Petamitta that focuses on skilling Rural India.
- ARSDC has its core objective to provide systematic technical & non - technical training to people from rural India and to help them acquire both life and job skills.
- The centre focuses to minimize the talent gap in the society by providing training in accordance with the changing business/work environment in the industrial and allied sectors and hence the Mission of ARSDC is 'SKILLING RURAL INDIA' TO 'MAKE IN INDIA'.
- ARSDC runs an eighteen months fully residential course on Skill Development including technical and life skills, enhancing employability and enabling students becoming a Multi Skilled technician and a better citizen.
- Students from the lower economic background are selected on a talent basis to provide free education throughout the course. Further, when these students undergo 'On the Job training' in the Industry, they also receive the stipend.
ARSDC provides food, hostel accommodation and other necessary facilities for free of cost to all the students
- Girls Hostel with 240 beds (G+2).
- Boys Hostel with 504 beds (G+3).
The strategic partnership and collaborative efforts of Rajanna Trust along with the Government of Andhra Pradesh aided supply of clean drinking water to Diguvamagham and Petamitta Villages of Chittoor District. The water is being delivered to target areas through overhead tanks and RO Plants.
The Trust constructed buildings for Bank and Telephone exchange in Diguvamagham and Petamitta villages. Other constructions like bus shelters, toilet blocks and visitor's room in Puthalapattu police station were also constructed by the trust.
The trust was also involved in providing the community facilities for the convenience of the general public like Laying of Roads, Construction of Marriage Halls, Rice Mills, Electric Cremation Facility, Construction of patient blocks at Government Hospitals, Schools and Weaver Sheds, enhancing the Infrastructure and student play items at Anganwadis, supporting orphanages etc., in Chittoor District.
Rajanna Trust has supplied 100 units of power looms for flood-affected areas in A.P and contributed to the continuous improvement of Environmental Sanitation in Thippanagunta Village, Krishna district in A.P.
Rajanna Trust has undertaken major initiatives representing the Amara Raja Group for the adoption and development of the surrounding villages that include construction of roads, rainwater storage tanks, and supply channels among many others. The trust was an active partner in the company sponsored CSR initiatives that encapsulated all these initiatives under the program named "Grameena Vikasam" by adopting villages under Amaragaon project.
Rajanna Memorial park at Diguvamagham has an internet centre, library, amphitheatre, children's play area and a public entertainment cum refreshment park.
Agriculture & Irrigation Infrastructure
Every year Chittoor district receives erratic rainfall, and due to lack of any perennial river running through the district, agriculture here is totally dependent on rainwater & groundwater. To help the farmers of the region to cultivate better, Rajanna Trust has constructed around 23 check dams and deepened 6 existing Lakes, ponds and other water sources. This has helped to enhance the groundwater level in that area leading to an increased availability of water for irrigation. Thousands of Acres were brought under irrigation and farmers across 50 villages of Chittoor district are benefited by this program.
Regular training programs and awareness programs are provided to the farmers by Rajanna Trust. These include the introduction of modern farming technologies, use of fertilizers and pesticides, harvesting techniques, transport and storage of agricultural produce.
Rajanna Trust partnered with Department of Social Forestry who had allotted 222 acres of a barren hillock at Pemmugutta, spread over 3 villages near Petamitta in Chittoor District. The objective of the project is to implement Soil Conservation and Vegetative Regeneration The trust has planted more than 60,000 plants over a period of 5 years and has plans to plant another 40,000 plants in the coming years.
The trust has also purchased thirty acres of land and donated to the Government towards the Social Forestry initiative. This forest cover also provides shelter to Tribal families who would make their living from forest produce. In Pemmugutta, 40 families have been employed to manage this Social Forestry.
In addition to this, the trust is coordinating the company's Blue Sky CSR initiative wherein over 1000 plants were planted involving the local communities and school children near Petamitta village. Under this program, the local communities and the school children are educated and made responsible towards nurturing the plants as their contribution towards the environment.
Rajanna Trust's primary focus is to provide Healthcare to rural India.
The efforts of Rajanna Trust are recognized through Primary Health Centre of Talapunenivari Palle (Petamitta) with 5 sub-centres serving the medical needs of people for 12 Panchayats and 81 villages associated with it.
The government of Andhra Pradesh has signed an MOU with Rajanna Trust to develop and manage the Primary Health Center at Talapunenivari Palle (Petamitta) with effect from 1st Oct'11 and passed GO accordingly. The Trust invested in infrastructure in a phased manner to build and operate in-patient facilities and also work on providing specialized doctor’s services under this Public Private Partnership (PPP) model. The PHC has today very good infrastructure that stands out to help the surrounding 81 villages with a total population of 20,000.
- 30-bed primary health centre under PPP Program (Public Private Partnership Program).
- Focus on 81 villages covering 20,000 people, including children, women and senior citizens.
- Voluntary services are rendered by doctors of Indian origin settled in the US and other countries.
- Periodic Health Camps.
- Trust Provides Transport facilities in designated routes on a daily basis for the comfort of patients to visit the PHC. Necessary refreshments are provided to each patient.